Friday, August 23, 2013

Heavy Metal

Good morning! Khristen here with more from our latest challenge, which is to use metal on your page. The sky's the limit with this one, so many scrapbook embellishments made of metal!

Now, when I was thinking about what I was going to do for my layout, I had grand ideas of metal all over the place...and then I sat down. Isn't it funny how things can take a completely different direction when we start cutting that paper? Here's my layout:

 This is an old, old pic of the girls on their first day of school, 2nd grade and Kindergarten. I turned to the Fancypants Off To School Collection for this one, leftovers from a Scraptastic kit. the metal elements are random...MM paper clips and a repurposed ball chain (hubby knows I hoard these things, and when he comes across one of them he'll stick it in my stash for me. What a great guy!) :) All embellishments are Fancypants Off To School.
 Next to the ball chain, I decided to add some black onyx Liquid Pearls in the shape of a heart and dots. The red square piece: I found it in the kit bag, a piece I punched squares out of ages ago...so I cut it out of the larger 12x12 paper and used it as an interesting frame-y element. Love it!

Don't forget to play along, link up your layout/card/altered item featuring metal elements in the sidebar!

Khristen

ps...XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment